Introduce theoretically and practically the principle of the map-reduce generic model, study its application on classic well adapted problems and identify the limitations that lead to the specification of map-reduce variants.
- Develop examples using the Hadoop implementation for showing the use of the map-reduce model on data processing problems
- Learn how to define experiments
- Define a catalogue of problem families that can be implemented using the map reduce model
- Study variants of the map-reduce model for example with shared memory in order to program challenging data processing problems like join implementations.
- Develop a solution for a challenging problem using a map-reduce model.